September 26th, 2019
Light Up The World For Orphan Pets
Remember Me Thursday
Shine a light on orphan pets waiting for forever homes
On September 26, 2019, let’s get the entire world talking about pet adoption. Tweet, tag, post and share the beauty and life-saving significance of pet adoption on social media. Let’s honor the lost pets who ran out of time and bring awareness to the pets we can still help by working together and using our voices.
Let’s take social media by storm for orphan pets!
GET INVOLVED IN THREE EASY STEPS
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
#RememberMeThursday Social Media Tools
Help orphan pets waiting for forever families today. And remember those whose hope ran out. Any of the following social media ideas will help spread awareness for pets waiting in shelters or rescues! They need your voice to advocate for them.
Share these Messages on Social Media. Don’t forget to use #RememberMeThursday
- Attend a Remember Me Thursday® event near you. Find an event here!
- Hold a pet food donation fundraiser for a local rescue facility
- Organize a pet-friendly concert at a local park
- Do an evening candle-walk with friends and family who have adopted pets
- See if one of your local pet adoption orgs or pro pet adoption business is holding a Remember Me Thursday event!
- Get your child’s classroom involved with STEM To The Rescue!
- Download the official Remember Me Thursday song on iTunes, “This Candle Burns Bright” by Stevie Woodward.
Adopt a Pet
- Visit your local shelter or rescue to adopt and encourage your family and friends to do the same
- View pets at Helen Woodward Animal Center
- The choices are endless, do what inspires YOU!